Business website without the hassle of having to make decisions about technology like CMS & hosting! Someone else will to do that for you as a service.
What Is WaaS?
“Website as a Service” aka WaaS is a service that provides website design, hosting, security, updates, and ongoing support for a low setup and an ongoing monthly recurring fee, instead of one-time price. WaaS is a way of managing a website, by subscribing to it as a service so technical updates are managed by someone else and as part of a package deal. In-short you will have a business website without the hassle of having to make decisions about technology like CMS & hosting! Someone else will to do that for you as a service.
The “as a Service” model (just like SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and others) keeps the end user from having to worry about the basics of the website for as long as they have it. A WaaS platform is based on generic requirements that all websites and companies need, for example:
- Standardised functions like search and integrations with third party providers
- Templates and functions for calendars,
- News listings
- User friendly content management system (CMS)
WaaS Features & Benefits:
WaaS features may vary depending on the service provider, but generally it should include the following:
- The initial design and development of your website.
- Website, server, fraud & browser protections, including SSL certificates.
- Regular updates & testing for ongoing functionality improvements.
- The server environment that your website and all of its files and database live.
- Regular backups & a recovery plan to get you back up quickly if something goes wrong.
- Content update service to keep the website current.
- Support to help ensure that the website matches the level of service & quality you provide.
- Ongoing service & maintenance to make sure everything is running smoothly.
We have seen WaaS pricing ranging from C$200 to a C$3000 setup charges and a monthly charge of between C$100 and C$800 per month. This typically depends on how complicated the website is. A basic informational website with some contact forms and a chat will be a lot less expensive than a website with eCommerce, multi-vendors, payment gateways, and events.
The monthly recurring fee can range depending on how many new requests & content updated per month that are included, add-on functionality, such as event planner, calendar, appointment booking feature, chat, e-commerce, including social media sites, and more.
Let’s Work Together
Contact us for a FREE consultation & other details.
We talk to organizations all the time that are still debating whether to hire more in-house resources to handle a full digital marketing strategy or hire an agency. While it may seem like hiring in-house help is a cost-cutting way to take control of your own marketing...
Everything you want to know about a Managed WordPress hosting! What is a managed WordPress site? To understand this, you first need to understand what hosting is in general. Website hosting refers to storing your website data on a public computer (called server) to...